By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or all materials. Please retain a copy for your information. Please note nothing in these Terms restricts the participant's statutory rights as a consumer and if required, advice can be obtained from a Trading Standards Office or Citizens Advice Bureau for further information relating to these statutory rights.
Promoter: Hyundai Motor UK Limited, 728 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1HE.
The Promoter’s Agent: Gravity Thinking Limited, Emerson Building, 4-8 Emerson Street, London SE1 9DU
1. This competition is open to Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) residents aged 25 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Hyundai Motor UK Ltd (the “Promoter”), its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
2. The competition consists of a series of three (3) monthly Promotional Periods running from 00:00 on 02/10/2019 to 23:59 on 31/12/2019 inclusive (“Overall Promotional Period”). A judging panel will take place for each of the following periods:
- Promotional Period 1 (“PP1") – 00:00 on 02/10/2019 until 23:59 on 31/10/2019
- Promotional Period 2 (“PP2") – 00:00 on 01/11/2019 until 23:59 on 30/11/2019
- Promotional Period 3 (“PP3") – 00:00 on 01/12/2019 until 23:59 on 31/12/2019
3. Only one entry per person is permitted during each Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to email accounts or names will be disqualified from this competition. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
4. If any previous Instagram posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as, being disrespectful towards other members of the Instagram community or which contain anything which is likely to or could cause offence or distress, the Promoter reserves the right to remove the entrant from the competition.
5. An entrant’s use on Instagram is subject to the Terms and Conditions located at https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511.
6. No purchase necessary, however, internet access is required.
7. To enter, consumers visit https://blog.hyundai.co.uk/hyundai-life-wants-to-work-with-you, write a max. 400-character account stating what they would do if they were given a Hyundai i10 PLAY for the weekend, enter all other mandatory details, including their Instagram handle, and submit their entry during the Overall Promotional Period.
8. Entrants must have a public Instagram account.
9. Entrants must hold a clean UK full driving licence.
10. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the website. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website.
12. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
Prizes and Fulfilment
13. All entries must be received before:
- 23:59 on 31/10/2019 for entry into PP1;
- 23:59 on 30/11/2019 for entry into PP2;
- 23:59 on 31/12/2019 for entry into PP3.
14. A minimum of three (3) x prizes will be available during the Overall Promotional Period (a minimum of 1 x prize per Promotional Period), comprising of the use of a Hyundai i10 PLAY for the weekend (delivery on a Friday with a full tank of fuel and collection on the following Monday). Winners will be required to take relevant photographs / content of their i10 PLAY experience to be shared on the Hyundai Life blog, Hyundai Life Instagram page and the Promoter’s website, UK social media channels and other digital channels under its control. Winners will also receive £200 for expenses.
15. All other costs and expenses in taking up a prize, including but not limited to, additional spending money as required, are the winner’s own responsibility. The prize is as stated and nothing else is included.
16. Winner Selection: Entries will be judged by a panel (with at least one independent judge) who will evaluate each submission based on the following criteria:
- Creativity/Individuality – Is the entry original and creative? (Max 10 points)
- Quality – Does the entry clearly articulate the type of experience they would have and the Story they would tell? (Max 10 points)
- Passion – Has the entrant demonstrated passion for what they would do and why? (Max 10 points)
- Practicality – Is the entrant’s idea practical and achievable? (Max 10 points)
- Brand - is the entry in line with the brand's ethos? (Max 10 points)
- Professionalism - will the output represent the brand in a respectful and responsible manner? (Yes/No)
- Product - does the idea clearly incorporate the car and explain how it will be featured in the final output? (Max 10 points)
17. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified via telephone and/or email within 10 working days of the close of each Promotional Period. Winners will have 48 hours to accept their prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in their prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their telephone and/or email connections during these times in case they are a winner.
18. The prize cannot be transferred. There is no cash or other alternative for the prize except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
19. Prize must be taken within 4 weeks of prize acceptance, on a mutually suitable weekend for both the winner and the Promoter. Failure to be available on any weekend in those 4 weeks will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner.
20. Delivery of the prize and associated insurance will be organised by the Promoter’s Agent.
21. For insurance purposes, winners must provide proof that they are aged 25 or over and hold a valid clean UK driving licence before a prize can be awarded.
22. The Promoter can request to see a winner’s driving licence and DVLA code at any point in the lead up to, during and after this competition.
23. The Hyundai i10 PLAY will be delivered to and collected from the same GB address.
Other Important Information
24. The winners take part in the prizes at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prize whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winners, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to the winners.
25. Winners will be required to provide at least three photographs / social media posts from their experience for use on the Hyundai Life blog, Hyundai Life Instagram page, the Promoter’s website, social media channels and other digital channels under its control
26. By sharing photographs / content as part of this competition, winners agree to licence and hereby grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the content submitted for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability, including, in particular, sharing the post via the Promoter's social media and digital channels. Entrants waive any moral rights in relation to such use. An Entrant confirms that:
- they created the submitted content,
- no third party has any rights in respect of the submitted content,
- the Entrant owns the copyright in such content,
- the use of such content by Hyundai will not infringe any third-party rights anywhere in the world,
- they have the permission of any individual featured in the submitted content.
27. By accepting a prize, winners agree to adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the car insurance that form part of their prize. Winners agree to drive responsibly and take care of the car whilst in their use, ensuring they park the vehicle in a safe place and keep it locked when not in use.
28. Any speeding and/or parking tickets and/or any other toll road charges will be the responsibility of the winners.
29. If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if the Promoter considers it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, they may elect to make available the winners’ first initials, surnames and/or counties to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months after the closing date of this competition. A request for this information can be made by emailing email@example.com. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any or all such requests.
30. If consumers have any questions or queries in regards to the competition, the Promoter’s Agency, Gravity Thinking, can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
31. Sale or exchange of the prizes is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange a prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
32. If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the prize and disqualify the entrant from the competition.
33. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won using fraudulent means.
35. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
36. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
37. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering the competition, all participants accept that they have no claim against Instagram whatsoever. By sharing their Instagram handle all participants agree to a complete liability release for Instagram.
38. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of Great Britain, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
39. The Promoter is responsible for the collection and use of entrants’ personal data. Personal data is only processed for the purpose of participating in the competition, identifying and contacting the winners. All entry data will be deleted a maximum of 3 months after the prizes have been fulfilled.
40. Driving licence details of the winners will be retained based on legitimate interest for six years following completion of the prize.
41. Personal data is stored in the UK and is not shared with third parties except for the above purposes with the Promoter's Agent, Gravity Thinking Limited, in accordance with applicable law. By participating in the Competition, entrants agree to the use of their personal data as described here and can withdraw consent at any time but will no longer be able to participate.