Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Hyundai Motor UK Limited, 728 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1HE.
1. This competition is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over. Employees and their immediate families of Hyundai Motor UK Ltd (the “Promoter”), its dealers, subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this competition are excluded.
The judges will also select an overall winner, chosen from one of the five Promotional Period winners, who will receive the Grand Prize.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted during each Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to email accounts or names will be disqualified from this competition. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
4. To enter, consumers must visit https://blog.hyundai.co.uk/the-extra-mile, write a maximum 400 character account (uploading a supporting photo / image if relevant) to show how they go the extra mile to support Chelsea Football Club, enter all other mandatory details and submit their entry during a Promotional Period.
5. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
6. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the website. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website.
7. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
8. No purchase necessary, however, internet access is required.
Prizes and Fulfilment
- 23:59 on 31/12/2018 for entry into PP1;
- 23:59 on 31/01/2019 for entry into PP2;
- 23:59 on 28/02/2019 for entry into PP3;
- 23:59 on 31/03/2019 for entry into PP4;
- 23:59 on 30/04/2019 for entry into PP5.
- Promotional Period 1
- Promotion Period 2
- Promotion Period 3
- Promotion Period 4
- Promotion Period 5
- 1 x pair of VIP tickets to see each of Hyundai’s partner clubs (AS Roma, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea Football Club and Hertha Berlin) play a domestic league match at their home stadiums, including return economy flights to Rome, Madrid and Berlin, return overseas airport to hotel transfers and one night accommodation (double occupancy at a hotel chosen by the Promoter) at each overseas destination. Travel and accommodation will not be included for the home match at Stamford Bridge.
11. Transport for the monthly Promotional Periods is not included. All other costs and expenses in taking up any prize, including but not limited to, travel in the UK, accommodation and spending money as required, are the winner’s and guests’ own. The prizes are as stated and nothing else is included.
- Originality – Is the entry original and creative? (Max 20 points)
- Emotion – Do readers feel a sense of empathy/pride with the fan’s story? (Max 20 points)
- Passion – Has the entrant demonstrated devotion and dedication to their team? (Max 20 points)
- Quality – How is the entry presented? Does it clearly articulate how they go the extra mile? (Max 20 points)
13. The winner of the Grand Prize will be the entrant judged to have the highest overall score across the six monthly Promotional Periods.
14. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Winners will be notified via telephone and/or email within 5 calendar DAYS of the close of each Promotional Period. Each winner will have 5 calendar DAYS to accept their prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their telephone and email connections during these times in case they are a winner.
16. Prizes are date specific and must be taken on the date specified within the winning notification (please see clause 10 for further details). Failure to be able to attend will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final.
17. The Grand Prize must be taken, and travel to each home match must be completed, before 31/12/2019, excluding the Christmas period and all UK Bank Holidays. The Promoter will make every effort to work with the winner to find mutually suitable dates for each home match. The winner’s inability to attend any of the selection of dates will result in that part of the prize being forfeited.
18. The Grand Prize winner and their guest must hold valid passports with at least 6 months’ validity remaining after the return date from each destination. Passports, Visas and other travel documentation, such as travel insurance, are the responsibility and cost of the winner. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the winner or their guest fails to obtain the required travel documentation.
19. All travel and accommodation provided to the Grand Prize winner will be provided subject to the Terms and Conditions of each such provider. Neither the Promoter nor their agents will have any liability in relation thereto, and any dispute arising from travel or accommodation must be taken up with such providers.
20. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for hotels or transport companies being unavailable, withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Promoter will endeavour to find a suitable alternative.
21. If a winner’s guest is a child (aged 17 or under), and the winner is not their parent or legal guardian, the winner must have consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian for them to participate in the prize. In addition, if the match or any associated travel takes place on a school day, that child’s school must be informed and special consent must be given by the school, where applicable. Approval by the child’s school is outside the control of the Promoter.
22. There is no cash or other alternative for the prize except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
23. If any of the football matches are cancelled or rescheduled for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control or for reasons related to health and safety, the Promoter will work with the winner to find a mutually suitable date to take their prize. The winner’s inability to attend any of the proposed dates will result the prize being forfeited.
24. Delivery of the prizes will be organised by the Promoter’s Agency, Pitch.
Other Important Information
25. The winners take part in the prizes at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of a winner and/or their guest, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to a winner.
26. By accepting a prize, winners and their guests agree to adhere to all stadium regulations and the Terms and Conditions of the tickets that form part of their prize.
27. The Promoter and the Venue reserve the right to remove a winner and/or their guest if they are not acting in adherence with the stadium rules and regulations.
28. The Promoter and the Venue reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to any person regardless of if they have a valid ticket.
29. The official football shirt and football for each monthly winner will be delivered to a UK address provided by that winner within 28 working days of them confirming the appropriate size for the football shirt. Shirt sizes are subject to availability at the time of winning the prize.
30. No person may win more than one monthly prize.
31. If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if the Promoter considers it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, they may elect to make available the winners’ first initials, surnames and/or counties to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months after the closing date of this competition. A request for this information can be made by emailing email@example.com. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any or all such requests.
32. It is a condition of entry that the winners and their guests agree to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the competition without further recompense. This may include but is not limited to photographs and video footage.
33. By participating in the competition, the entrants license and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert.
34. Sale or exchange of the prizes is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange a prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
35. The prizes must be taken by the winners in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
36. If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the prize and disqualify the entrant from the competition.
37. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
38. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won using fraudulent means.
39. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
40. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
41. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
42. The Promoter is responsible for the collection and use of entrants’ personal data. Personal data is only processed for the purpose of participating in the competition, identifying and contacting the winners. The winners’ names will be announced publicly. All entry data will be deleted a maximum of 3 months after the prizes have been fulfilled.
43. Personal data is stored in the UK and is not shared with third parties except for the above purposes with the Promoter's Agent, Pitch, in accordance with applicable law. By participating in the competition, entrants agree to the use of their personal data as described here and can withdraw consent at any time but will no longer be able to participate. If an entrant provides their consent, the Promoter can use their email address to send them marketing communications.